Frustrated...

So this morning came my worst enemy...AF...making it one of my shortest luteal phases. My doctor that the HCG shot would lengthen my luteal phase but its only shortened it.

Im just frustrated that my body seems to cooperate and do fine until that 8-10 DPO and it cant be normal. No doctor has really ever been able to solve the problem of lengthening my luteal phase. Well I should take that back my first OB-GYN put me on Clomid which allowed it to go from 5 DPO to 9 DPO and its really never been longer. No doctor can make it longer than 9 DPO...

Its almost like this is a no brainer and I would think would be able to be fixed without much but it doesnt seem to be that easy I guess.

Then to make it better my cycle days are getting shorter too..
This cycle was only 24 days..I mean really cant I catch a break..at least let me go 28 days so I at least dont have to see you so often...
last month was 23 days....
26 days month before

I would rather ovulate later and have a longer cycle then O sooner. Im just frustrated and feel like pulling out my hair because its like the issue really has never been resolved.

Ive been taking B6-200mg for the past 2 mths (2 of my shortest cycles) which is supposed to lengthen my luteal phase and its only shortened my cycle days. No more B6 thats for sure.

I mean couldnt AF hold off until after we got back from Destin...guess that would have been too much to ask for...

Anyone who has dealt with a short luteal phase have any suggestions??

10 comments:

Kami said...

I'm so sorry honey. I wish I could help you. At least give you a big fat hug!!

Here you go! (((HUG)))

Kami

Onna said...

I'm so sorry about AF sweetie! :(
No suggestions on the lutheal phase. Just lots of thoughts and hugs!

Jen said...

i'm sorry :-( i'm not too far behind ya. i know you've had your progesterone checked, but have they ever supplemented it for you??? either with suppositories or shots??

Amber said...

Nope never had any supplements...so frustrating! Only thing Ive had is a HCG shot thats it

Megan said...

I'm so sorry!!

My cycles have ranged anywhere from 24 days to 54 days. It seems that my body goes in cycles too and right now I'm in a 'normal' cycle where it's about 28 days.

I've also heard that B6 is supposed to lengthen but since you've tried that and it's not working, I'm not sure. (((HUGS))) Wish I had a better answer for you.

Rosie said...

You ARE having a bad week. It just keeps getting worse huh? I'm sorry girl!

Breen said...

sorry about AF! I understand how frustrating it can be. But just wanted to suggest that you stay on the B6 for at least another month. When Cart was taking supplements as well as me they said for a change in #s we should be on them for at least 3 months.

Bighugs!

Amber said...

Rosie-the day just hasnt come to an end in the sadness of day..maybe sometime soon things will turn around

Breen-I would stay on them but thats the only thing I can come to the conclusion that my cycles are getting super short (23 & 24 days-compared to 28 to 31 days)

Triumph in Learning said...

I'm so sorry about Af showing. That NEVER a good feeling.

Sorry I'm not any help with your lutheal phase problem. BUT I do understand how it feels to have a problem and the Dr. "not really" know "WHY" this is.

My problem of course seems to be.. VERY STURBURN Ovaries. SO fustrating Not having the answers isn't it?

Well I guess thats just our Cue to Give it over to God. (Even though its a hard thing to do sometimes)

I'm praying for you Amber..

Hugs,
Hannah

Hillary said...

My cycles are very similar, I know it is SO FRUSTRATING! I'm sorry :(

makingmemom.blogspot.com